By The Trough
In the complex business of farming where efficiency and effectiveness are key to success, interpersonal skills, relationships and work habits matter. Few of us consider our own leadership as a competitive advantage, however research shows that leader effectiveness can account for as much as 1/3 of business performance.
Canada’s flagship leadership development program for agriculture
Canada already has some of the best farm managers and increasing their leadership effectiveness is the next step. The National Farm Leadership Program teaches you how to perform at your best when it matters most.
Our Program fits into busy farm life to help you identify the critical development areas that will have the greatest impact on your personal and professional lives. Not only is leadership good for business; it’s good for the well-being of the leader and those they work with.
The next cohort of the National Farm Leadership Program will begin its journey on January 29, 2024. The program takes place over six weeks through virtual learning and a 3-day in-person residency. Group coaching and personal coaching continues for the remainder of the calendar year to help participants realize positive change in real time.
- 6 weeks of structured online learning (January – March)
- 3-day residency in Victoria, BC (second week of March)
- A personal leadership assessment against a global data set of leaders
- Create a personal plan to increase your leadership effectiveness
- Group and individual coaching for the remainder of the year
- Unlimited access to the LeaderLab (a private online learning community)
- Farmers who are stepping up or stepping back, including farm owners, managers and high potential employees
- Ag industry managers
- Families, organizations and companies who want to develop their staff, clients and members
- Teach you to develop and regulate your nervous system to build resilience and perform under pressure.
- Help you surface and unpack what’s behind your behavior and make an authentic, positive shift.
- Challenge you to evaluate and expand your responses to challenges and opportunities with agility and confidence.
- Measure you with a best-in-class leader effectiveness assessments to guide your growth.
- Support you through individual coaching and a community committed to building personal capacity for action, during and post program through LeaderShift Connect.
Led by certified Executive Coach and fourth generation farmer, Kelly Dobson who combines adult learning research, with neuroscience and IT, enabling leader development at any age.
“The program didn’t just help me professionally; it extended my marriage and my whole family. I would highly recommend this program to anyone wanting to up their game and be a better person to work with.” – Kent Serada, Serada Farms, Alberta
Interested in enrolling? The 2024 program starts January 29, 2024.
Visit http://www.leader-shift.ca to apply. The deadline to apply to the National Farm Leadership Program is January 18th.
Print this page